How to Rehang Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds offer a beautiful way to provide privacy to any open doorway or large window. Unfortunately when they are installed incorrectly, the results are less than desirable. Here are some things to check if your blinds are hanging funny.
- When cleaning blinds, they can lose their natural curve if too much pressure is applied. Check the slats to ensure there are no odd folds or dents that were created during the cleaning process. If there are, you may be able to remove them with a little pressure in the opposite direction, but returning the original curve will likely be impossible.
- Sometimes, simply letting them hang for awhile will allow the blinds to straighten themselves out. Keep them closed so they are pushed together. This may allow any kinks or bent areas to straighten themselves out and reconform to the original shape.
- The slats on vertical blinds have a slight curve to them. Ensure that this curve is going the same direction on each slat during reinstallation. If they are flip flopped, the results will be slats that are clashing, rather than blending together nicely.
- Check the clips at the top to ensure that the blinds are pushed all the way into the clip. If the blind is not in all the way, it may allow it to swing off track from the direction of the other slats.
- If all of the above are correct, it may be that the slats lost their shape during the cleaning process. The only complete solution may be to purchase new slats.